When in Rome, do as the Romans do…
It won’t be that hard when you’d be wearing a helmet like this!
Now you can make your very own very sweet Roman or Spartan style crochet helmet, with this easy to follow crochet pattern! The pattern describes how you can make this hat yourself in a wimp, it’s way more easy than it looks.
The hat has cheek plates on the side, and a large red mohawk on top.
The pattern is for a size M-L hat, suitable for a head circumference of 50-56cm / 19.6-21.3 inch.
Needed materials to make this item:
– A 4.0mm/size G (6) crochet needle
– Light worsted weight yarn, in the following colours: grey, light grey, red, yellow. The amount of yarn you need is described in the pattern.
– Fiberfill for stuffing.
– A sewing needle.
– Optional but handy: sewing pins
Needed skills to make this item:
– Basic sewing skills, to put the hat together
– The ability to increase and decrease stitches
– Magic ring
– Chain stitches
– Single crochet
– Slip stitches
– Front loop only / back loop only
– Crochet on bottom side of a chain
The pattern is written in English using US crochet terms, using abbreviations. A list of the abbreviations used and their explanation is included in the pattern.
Skill level: advanced beginner.
Click on ‘Buy Now’ to order this PDF pattern right away, for only $4.99! After you’ve placed your order, your pattern will be emailed automatically to the email address linked to your PayPal account.
Please note: This pattern is protected by copyright. It is not allowed to copy (parts of) the pattern, reuse it or parts of it in other patterns, resell it or spread it without written permission of The Flying Dutchman Crochet Design.